Brigitte Rivers (pen name Brigitte Marsden) wears many hats: author, artist, freelance writer, Advanced Teacher of Therapeutic Yoga, Reiki Master and educator. She is a member of the Writers in Schools Program (WiSP) as an author and illustrator - learn more about New Brunswick WiSP.
Brigitte is also in the Artists in Residency in Schools program, which allows her to partner with schools on writing and illustration projects - find out more about this program here.
She has been a volunteer with the Writers' Federation of New Brunswick (WFNB) and the Early Literacy Friends (ELF) program, a director on the board of the Multicultural Association of Carleton County (MACC), a co-founder of Beyond Words Writers’ Group, and a member of Woodstock First Nation’s beading group.
Through Creative Flow, the business Brigitte established in 2014, she offers yoga, mindfulness, Reiki and art teaching, as well as freelance writing and photography, workshops and retreats. Find out more about Creative Flow here.
- Brigitte’s first book, ‘Kit and the Calico Cat’ is published by Chapel Street Kids, an imprint of Chapel Street Editions.
- Her cover illustration for ‘Kit and the Calico Cat’ is featured in a book covers design show at the Andrew & Laura McCain Art Gallery, together with illustrations created by her art student Haylee Boone
- ‘Introspection: a reflective looking inward. Self-portraits by Brigitte Marsden’, her first solo art show, is held at Gallery 262 in the Bath Meeting House
2013 to now
- Brigitte teaches art classes, clubs and day camps in Western New Brunswick
- Brigitte studies figure drawing at Sunbury Shores under Geordie Millar
- She studies figure drawing at the Beaverbrook Art Gallery
2006 to now
- Freelance writing and photography projects include a regular column for the Bugle-Observer newspaper, and articles for local, regional and national publications
- Writing and photography credits include the Telegraph-Journal, Atlantic Farm Focus and the United Church Observer
1997 – 2005
- Brigitte works in graphic design, marketing, publishing and web communications
- She develops, writes and edits print and multi-media learning materials for the Driving Standards Agency in the UK
- Projects include video script-writing and appearances in educational videos
- She appears in UK television show ‘Change That’
- She wins a poetry competition at Milton Keynes Council
Brigitte has a Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
Her BA (Hons) degree is in 3D (Interior) Design:
- For her degree thesis project on Finnish Ryijy Rug Weaving, she carried out research in England and Finland
- She took an art history elective
Territorial acknowledgement: Brigitte Marsden recognizes and respectfully acknowledges that she lives and works on the unsurrendered and unceded traditional lands of Wolastoqiyik.